Which kitchen faucet to choose and how each can benefit your time, spending in the kitchen – all answers on questions like those you will find in this very article.
While looking at huge selections of kitchen faucets with descriptions pull down or pull out you may become confused, simply because you have no idea what it means. Apart from visual difference, you need to know how these two types of faucets work.
Many pull down and pull out types of kitchen faucets have a spray hose (if you choose this option). The hose is located inside the tap and activates only when you need to use it. But, a pull down unit has a taller spout; therefore, you may find it easier when filling pots or kettles with water. A pull out model of the tap will provide simple usage in different directions, like 360 degrees for example. This will more useful if you do not want to clog the sink up and fill pots aside. If you have got a double sink in your kitchen, a pull out type will allow you to turn it as you want and use it in any sink.
Look through positive and negative sides of both types to choose which one will suit your needs and kitchen space better.
- A longer hose with a spray head can be used on the distance, for high pots and kettles
- The pull out type of the tap does not require much space over it. So, if you have shelves over the sink, pull out is the best idea
- With low set faucet, you can avoid a mess, splashes and keep the sink cleaner
- The spray head is usually more flexible than the other type of a kitchen faucet
- The pull out type does not allow to fill pitchers with water
- If your sink depth is not very big, you may struggle with placing and washing a few plates and cups at the same time
- A pull down type of the kitchen faucet provides more space between the bottom of the sink and the spout. Therefore, you can feel comfortable moving dishes, washing them and filling pitchers
- Most models of pull down taps offer various spray options to fill pots or rinse them. Also, with this type of the faucet you can wash more fruits and vegetables in the sink
- You can avoid breaks in the material and leaks because you will not have to move the tap to different sides
- If you have a cupboard or shelves over the sink, you cannot get a pull down faucet, due to its high set
- You may face problems with a water pressure, as the shape of the faucet is not straight
After this smart review, you can weight all strong and weak sides of your future kitchen faucet and pick that one, which simplifies washing dishes, hands and cleaning the cooking area.